Thursday, October 29, 2009
"180g revisits Nike for a new collection of custom died pieces. The Parisian dye house created an wide array of custom colored sneakers using washed silk, leathers, and mineral flakes for an athletic look. The Air Flytop and Tennis Classic both get ample play alongside other styles, while each pair sports contrast colored laces, reptile applications and more. The launch of this collection takes place Thursday, November 5th at 180g."
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I'm running super late on this joint but damn... This is a great song! Honestly ghost is nice, super nice but this just hit home right here. Dope ass video as well. 10 out of 10 for tony starks, real words!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Expect Great things! Shout To Rah Over at Def Jam
There's no better feeling in the world than to be FREE!!! My people fought for it for 400 years and yet still we must continue to Fight for the ability to move as we please. Same struggle different time! Just my thoughts...
'Black fist to the sky on some young black rebel shit' - GhostWridah
Thursday, October 22, 2009
In front of John Stewart, Jack Dorsey (creator of twitter), Quentin Tarantino, Brad pitt and obviously the rest of the list. Break barrier's Jay... It only opens doors for artist like myself to do the same. Good look!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Before reading, I wan to say that this guy is a fashion genius. He's worked for two of my favorite designers Yves Saint Laurent & is currently working for Dior Homme, which he headed for two years now. This is a very informative reading for those who live this fashion life even in sleep, as I do!
1. A lot of fashion houses design for the catwalk and not the street—then you see the clothes on a regular guy and it’s a mess. Don’t disguise your personality behind labels; impose it on the clothes.
2. The most embarrassing thing a man can own is a disposable razor. They’re for women. And speaking of grooming, there’s nothing less flattering than shaved legs.
3. Wearing a pair of high-tops with a suit deconstructs the look, and that’s important. I like the way high-tops and pants act together. It’s like the effect of rolled-up sleeves for your trousers. Just make sure the socks match your sneakers, not the pants. If you like black high-tops, wear black socks. White, white.
4. I don’t really think I know a man who wouldn’t look good in black. Black is always good. It’s the basic.
5. You can wear a white shirt to work, to dinner, to visit the grandmother, to the opera, on vacation, at the beach. It’s the true get-away-with-anything item.
6. There’s definitely an age limit for wearing leather pants, but not for wearing leather jackets. A standout fashion leather jacket can look great on a young guy. And there are a lot of suedes that men can get away with at any age.
7. Don’t just copy an outfit. Look in the mirror and do a reality check. It’s all about making the good match. You’ll know when something is right. And if you don’t, just walk down the street: If people look away from you, then you know you’ve done something wrong.
8. When I took over Dior Homme, I was warned. I knew it was going to be tough—but it was worse. In life you need good friends, and at work you need a good team. There’s so much drama in life and work that you can easily get lost. You need to keep a little distance from everything.
9. We’ve had beefy guys and we’ve had—well, skinny isn’t really the right word, it’s more like scary. Now men should be athletic, healthy. Today it’s about having a balance in life—having nice clothes, good food, and respecting your body.
10. My grandmother told me there are two ways of living: You can either survive or you can really make a life. There is eating and there is dining. She would always give that extra little effort, and I still believe that is important—to make things more beautiful makes all the difference.
Hat's off Kris.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
For all our Mac owners out there, Apple has just released the first of its kind, a multitouch mouse dubbed the “Magic Mouse”. This sleek button-less wireless mouse has only a multitouch surface made of hard acrylic covering the top, which allows for multitouch gestures similar to the Macbook trackpad. The multitouch capabilities include one finger multi-directional scrolling, two finger swiping for backwards & fowards navigation, as well as many other customizable features.
Apple’s Magic Mouse has a four month battery life and is available now for a price of ($69). I have to say, the Magic Mouse looks really nice and I can bet money now that it’s been released there’s going to be slew of companies releasing their own multitouch mouse. And the multitouch arms race continues.
Kanye's going in creatively... Wait he always does. This looks like It's going to be pretty dope, Yup!
GQ Italy is celebrating their 10th anniversary and for the occasion they present 10 different covers for their October 2009 issue. They worked with 10 different graphic designers on the covers, including House Industries, Alex Trochut, Matteo Bologna, Leonardo Sonnoli, Milton Glaser, Neville Brody, Louise Fili, Marian Bantjes, Chip Kidd and Experimental Jetset. A special collectors box of all 10 issues will also be auctioned off.
To View All Ten Covers Click: HERE
This is one of my favorite joints from my brotha Curt. I Remember our day's running through brooklyn with the crew... Y'all boy's always showed me love... Shout to Ody... Torch... Ko... Bless... Showcase... & the rest of the old crew... Hang Em High Always, Dig that!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Bovet, the Swiss luxury watch brand, recently introduced their limited edition Sportster Saguaro Tourbillon 7 day watch and they immediately began selling out like hot cakes. Now only available in case sizes 40mm, 45mm and 51mm of 100 pieces each, the availability of this exclusive timepiece is quickly dwindling down.
Featuring refined 18k red gold on the bezel case-back & crown, bi-directional 22K gold winding rotor, a stylish rubber strap, 300 meters water resistance, 47-jewels self-winding movement, and elaborate face decorations; it’s no surprise that this model has become popular among the rich. If you’re curious and you want to see what all the fuss is about, you’ll just have to drop a cool ($145,000) and become one of the few exclusive owners.
"Gasp"... Fantastic dial on this watch! There's an elite group of upperclassmen who are unquestionably making $145,000 Bovet purchases as if they were buying sunflower seeds from the nearest gas station... I'm working on joining that group... REAL WORDS!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
So I started the writing process for the new LP In Love With My Future, and I'm incredibly exited about this. More so than any project I've ever worked on. Mainly because of the honesty in my music along with the new challenges myself as well as the team has taken on. There's a new sound we're experimenting with. That, for me is a step out of my comfort zone but a huge step for Miami Hip-hop to be able to open doors for artist to do something outside of the norm without fear of failure for being different.
This project will come with a lot of surprises... I mean so much so that it's going to set the bar for the way new and/or unsigned artist release their music. So far the only producers on the the project are LowKey of course and newcomer to the L.Y.F.E. Rem' who's beat's are exceptional as well. This is a very honest depiction of what my future looks like through my eyes. BRIGHT! But it's not all celebration & high life... There's a thing called the past which you must confront in order to get to the future. I'm doing my best to not make this LP one sided but to show you my reality as an artist who went through familiar struggles to get to a beautiful tomorrow. Clear the runway, we're about to take flight, It's no dull moments when your futures this bright - Celebrate Lyfe!
Pray for me, for this walk to Success is not an easy journey... But we can all get there if the desire is great enough. God bless
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Hiroshi Fujiwara teases up with a glimpse into his custom Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King. Further cementing his baller status, the extremely pricey timepiece features pink dials along with a fragment design logo and matching pink accenting. Definitely another interesting piece from the Japanese “Godfather of Streetwear.”
I THOUGHT THIS WAS INCREDIBLE (HENCE THE CAPS) THIS WOULD MAKE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS GIFT ;)
SHAN WE SLIPPING BRO... NICCCEEEE!!!!!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Fantastic song, Great Video! Really reminiscent of The Late MJ's "Billy Jean" Vid and The Song Writing Takes You To That Place In Which He's Speaking From... For Those Of You Who Have Been In This Type Of Predicament. Love This Record!!!
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Again, I had such a great time @ DunkXchange... Shout to my man Ray of 8 and 9 clothing... We're going to do something special soon.